One of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies provides a spectrum of multi-platform advertising and marketing opportunities for partners and world-class entertainment to listeners and users.
As part of its 2016 management objectives, the company wanted to implement a Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) test automation strategy and framework for its Salesforce application portfolio. There were no existing automation tests,and manual regression tests were growing with each subsequent sprint and project.The QA team was time-constrained and lacked adequate test coverage.
Experis developed and implemented a full automation solution including strategy, tool evaluation, proof of concept, and a long-term implementation plan. The solution was developed in a collaborative, innovative approach. It included:
- Customized automation framework with detailed results reporting
- Conversion of priority manual tests to a Gherkin (Given/When/Then) format to maintain a business-readable user story and serve as requirements documentation
- Iterative scripting, validation,and deployment of test scripts
- Integration of the automation process with the continuous integration build process and Team Foundation Server (TFS)TECHNOLOGIES
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server(TFS)forbuilding, deploying, and automated scripts and test cases•TFS for version control of automated scripts
- Salesforce connected app and Salesforce objects (Accounts, Opportunities)and SQL database
- Ruby/Cucumber tool with Gherkin
Experis provided a cost-effective, comprehensive test automation solution that met the client’s objectives and requirements.
- Cost savings of 6 hours each time the regression suite is fully executed
- Testing across multiple environments (Dev, QA, Production)
- Cross-browser support (IE, Firefox, Chrome)•Device support for desktop, tablet, and smartphone•Code analysis metrics that ensure test quality management
- Data management through automation of core functionality
- Full test results reporting in HTML format for analysis
- Suite of automated tests across 31 web pages with 1,308 elements
- Standard guidelines and documentation around automation workstation set up, environment variables, framework architecture, sprint and release-level automation
- Provided train-the-trainer knowledge sessions for six to eight participants,and post-engagement support